Le Tonlé House Rules. When staying with us, please abide by our rules. We reserve the right to ask guests who do not follow our rules to vacate their room.
- Check-in time is 2pm. If you will be arriving early, please ensure you have contacted us prior to arrival so that we can have your room prepared, where possible.
- Check-out time is 12pm. Please ensure you collect all your belongings before departure. We’ll be happy to keep your bags safe if you are departing Kratie later in the day.
- Please don’t tip trainees directly. We have a tip jar at reception, and this ensures we can share all tips equally between the whole team – even trainees in the kitchen who you might not see but who worked hard to prepare your meals. Tipping in Cambodia is not mandatory, nor expected, but will be gratefully received if our services have pleased you.
- We do not allow guests to bring sex workers to our guest house. Unannounced guests will not be permitted to stay.
- We’re strongly opposed to the sexual exploitation of children. Cambodia has had enough! Children under 18 years old will only be permitted to stay at Le Tonlé with parents or authorised guardians. If we ask you to prove your guardianship of a child, don’t be offended – we’re helping to protect those who can’t protect themselves.
- Save power. Turn off all lights, air-conditioning, unplug any phone or laptop chargers when you leave the room. Other than wasting electricity, it costs a lot in Cambodia for every kilowatt of power!
- Save water. Please keep showers brief and don’t leave taps dripping. Wasting water hurts us all, and long showers mean less hot water for other guests.
- Your possessions are your responsibility. We aren’t responsible for your prized possessions. Lock your room, and don’t lose your key. If you have passports and valuables that you need to keep secure, please speak with our reception staff.
- Smoking, burning candles or incense in not permitted inside the guest house. Our guest houses are traditional wooden stilt houses. Wood burns easily and rural fire services are not well equipped to respond rapidly. For safety and the pleasure of other guests, smoking is only permitted in our downstairs outdoor areas.
- Please don’t take food inside the rooms. Food attracts vermin, and just like you, we prefer to keep Le Tonlé vermin free!
- If you break something, let us know. Accidents happen. Please inform us immediately so we can make repairs and reduce hazards for guests.
- Like all good rules, we reserve the right to change these when necessary. Circumstances change, so must the rules that govern them. If these terms and conditions change, we’ll update them. As a guest, it is your responsibility to be aware of our terms and conditions during your stay.
If you have any questions about our rules, please speak to our manager on duty.