We’re not an usual guest house or hotel.
We’re a family.
We respect each other, and ask our guests to respect us too.
If you're visiting us to stay in our guest house, or just to grab a meal or a coffee here are some things to remember:
- We're trainees learning our professions. Please forgive our mistakes and help us to learn from them.
- We're also learning how to speak your language. We're happy to be corrected and we love learning new things, so don't be afraid to talk to us. But please don't speak to us like we're children, that just demeans us.
- Respect each other. For the comfort of our guests, please ensure you keep noise to a minimum between 10pm and 7am.
- Respect our training. Our workplace is also a training center. When classes are running, please keep noise low so we can concentrate.
- We prepare our dishes fresh every time. Complicated dishes can take a long time to cook. If you're in a hurry, please ask our staff about quick dishes.
- Respect our town. Kratie is situated beside the Mekong river, and much of the rubbish on the street ends up in the Mekong and threatens wildlife biodiversity and fisheries. Please put trash and cigarette butts in waste baskets provided, and if you're out exploring the region, hold on to them until you get back to town.
- Cambodia's electricity is prone to cuts. And there's not much we can do about it. We have a solar voltaic system for lighting, but our power points all operate on mains power. If our power goes down, so does our internet. Sorry!
- Help us improve our services. We love feedback! Submit your suggestions to the team, review us on TripAdvisor or drop us an email.
If you’re staying with us and want to share your skills, we invite you and encourage you:
- to open a dialogue as much as possible with the trainees. Correct them, encourage them, in order to improve their English language skills.
- to share and exchange your culture. Both students and trainers love hearing about other cultures.
If you would like to participate in our training, please contact our Operations Manager prior to arrival.
Our training sessions run on an established timetable, so if you have skills in hospitality and tourism that you would like to share with our students, please let us know before you come so we can do our best to fit you into our training schedule. For the safety of our trainees, a member of management will always be present during training sessions.
Our team thanks you for choosing Le Tonlé and wishes you a nice stay!