Le Tonlé Partner: CRDT
We believe in a Cambodia free from poverty and environmental degradation.
The Cambodian Rural Development Team (CRDT) are a local not-for-profit working to improve food security, incomes and living standards of poor rural communities in support of environmental conservation in Cambodia.
- We believe every Cambodian should have access to a protein rich and varied diet.
- We believe every Cambodian should have sufficient income to allow an adequate standard of living.
- We believe every Cambodian should have access to clean water.
- We believe every Cambodian should have access to safe, clean energy.
- We believe every Cambodian should value their environment and manage natural resources responsibly.
CRDT’s work in community development has 5 key areas of focus:
- Food Security
- Income Generation
- Water & Sanitation
- Renewable Energy
- Environmental Education & Waste Management
Our work is funded by numerous international donors, including the UNDP, Wetlands Alliance, Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund, voluntary social enterprise Conversations With Foreigners, and everyday people like you through GlobalGiving. However, the nature of international development funding is precarious – especially in uncertain times such as these. Our Â future goal is to become self-sustainable through social enterprise development which will provide valuable skills, training, and employment to Cambodians in our target communities and beyond, while returning revenue that we can reinvest into our development programs. Currently, we operate 3 social enterprises:
- CRDTours: Our very own community based eco-tour provider offering adventures, homestays with communities, and once-in-a-lifetime experiences in and around Kratie and Stung Treng.
- Le Tonlé: A unique training guest house giving poor, disadvantaged youth from Stung Treng and Kratie provinces a real chance for a career in hospitality.
- SHG Finance: Aims to create social equity and mutual assistance to mobilize and promote savings, which provides self-sustaining viable credit services for communities through the formation of self-help groups, while providing capacity building and development for small and medium sized enterprises.
You are invited
Make a reservation now